What are the prerequisites for yoga teacher training?
Some yoga experience is recommended, but newcomers are still welcome. Prior to submitting your application, we require that all students have taken a class with studio owner, Colin Russell, and/or have attended one of our free YTT info sessions to best determine if our program is the right fit for you.
What are the requirements to complete this training?
- Attend every session (make ups can only be worked out IF necessary)
- Have a commitment to growth on and off your mat
- Attend at least two classes per week at CFY
- Have an open mind and a willingness to learn
- Complete required reading list, homework assignments, and practicums
What will I learn in this program?
We will provide the education, tools, hands-on experience, and confidence needed to set you on the path of yoga with a greater sense of self and life purpose. We will help you discover your most authentic self to help you make positive life choices on and off your yoga mat.
We will cover all of the following and more:
- Sequencing, and practice teaching of a dynamic and powerful class
- Asanas/postures & yoga philosophy
- Gain confidence on and off your mat with your voice
- Learn hands on assists
- Learn anatomy, and physiology
- Explore more traditional practices like yamas & niyamas, chakras and ayurveda
- Explore the business of yoga and yoga ethics
What will I have accomplished and what will I receive at the end of training?
At the end of our program you will have gained expertise and a depth of knowledge to grow your yoga practice with a greater since of self and life purpose. You will discover the inner power you already possess, so you can gain confidence in your life, mind, body, and relationships in a whole new way. You will simultaneously earn your 200-hour registered yoga teacher certificate (RYT 200) to open the possibilities of leading dynamic power flow classes if you choose as well as living an inspired life. Students can then register with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour certified teacher.
Where do I apply & pay the deposit?
What if I don’t want to teach yoga, would I still benefit from the program?
Absolutely! Our program will provide a depth of knowledge to set you on your yoga journey wherever you choose to take it. You will strengthen your yoga practice and expertise with a greater since of self and life purpose. Whether you choose to apply this knowledge as a yoga instructor or not is entirely up to you. You will discover the inner power you already possess so you can gain confidence in your life, mind, body, and relationships in a whole new way. You will come out of this program having discovered your most authentic self to help you make positive life choices on and off your yoga mat.
How much does it cost?
Early-Bird Cost: $2,800 (if application received by July 15th & paid in full by start of training)
Regular Course Cost: $3,000 (if application received after July 15th & paid in full by start of training)
Payment Plan Cost: $3,100 (paid in 5 monthly installments of $620, first installment due at start of training)
Cost includes a $250 non-refundable deposit due when application is accepted.
In addition to the curriculum, what else is included in the cost?
- Yoga at CFY during the scheduled weekends
- Unlimited yoga for each trainee during your nine month program
- YTT manuals
- YTT guest teacher fees
- 20% off CFY workshops during the duration of training
Additional reading materials are required for full participation in the training and are not included in costs.
Do you have any payment plans available?
Yes! You have the option to pay in 5 monthly installments of $620 for a total cost of $3100. Your first installment is due at the start of training.
Are there any discounts available?
Yes! If you apply by July 15th, you receive an early-bird discounted rate of $2800.
What is the program schedule?
Our training typically runs over eight or nine months on a yearly basis. It consists of 120 classroom hours and 80 non-classroom hours. Our next training schedule is below:
- October 2020 – May 2021
- Nine weekends total, averaging one weekend a month
- Saturdays: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sundays: 10:00am – 5:00pm
What if I have to miss a day?
Attendance each day is required, although we understand emergencies and conflicts arise. We will work with you to make up any missed time if necessary.
What should I bring to training?
- change of clothes
- yoga mat
- note book/pens/pencils
What is your refund and cancellation policy?
- A full refund (minus $250 application fee) will be issued if cancellation occurs more than 10 days before program start date
- No refunds within 10 days of program start date
- If CFY cancels the training, a full refund, including your deposit, will be issued
I have another question, how can I learn more?
You may contact studio owner, Colin Russell, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can attend a scheduled YTT info session.